« using "bugmail filtering" to exclude notifications you don't want
a common problem with bugzilla emails (aka bugmail) is there's too much of it. if you are involved in a bug or watching a component you receive all changes made to bugs, even those you have no interest in receiving.
earlier this week we pushed a new feature to bugzilla.mozilla.org : bugmail filtering.
this feature is available on the "bugmail filtering" tab on the "user preference" page.
there are many reasons why bugzilla may send you notification of a change to a bug:
- you reported the bug
- the bug is assigned to you
- you are the qa-contact for the bug
- you are on the cc list
- you are watching the bug's product/component
- you are watching another user who received notification of the bug
- you are a "global watcher"
bugmail filtering allows you to tell bugzilla to notify you only if it's a change that you're interested in.
for example, you can say:
don't send me an email when the qa-whiteboard field is changed unless the bug is assigned to me
don't send me an email for developer tools bugs that i'm CC'ed on unless the bug's status is changed
- first, exclude all developer tools emails:
- then override the exclusion with an inclusion for just the status changes: